Bluetooth in Prius only good for phones?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned
Default Re: Bluetooth in Prius only good for phones?

Originally Posted by mharper1981
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and am curious if anyone has had any luck using bluetooth devices other than phones with their prius. I can't find any info about this anywhere. Bluetooth mp3 players are becoming available and I would absolutely love it if I could stream audio from the player to the car. If not, oh well, I'll deal with the wires.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is a great site.

Michael

No need to deal with the wires. We have a kit that is a direct audio input for iPods. Also our kit has an audio input. Our kit will cover all audio players you are wanting to use.

If its iPod you can just hide the iPod in the glove box and control the iPod right from the radio.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Travis@DICE
No need to deal with the wires. We have a kit that is a direct audio input for iPods. Also our kit has an audio input. Our kit will cover all audio players you are wanting to use.

If its iPod you can just hide the iPod in the glove box and control the iPod right from the radio.

Don't know what year Prius is involved, buy I just plug my 4th gen iPod (firewire) into the Aux jack in the inside of the console. Plays real nice. Cheap too. However the only thing you can control from the radio is the volume.

So, no bluetooth there.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by centrider
Don't know what year Prius is involved, buy I just plug my 4th gen iPod (firewire) into the Aux jack in the inside of the console. Plays real nice. Cheap too. However the only thing you can control from the radio is the volume.

So, no bluetooth there.

With our kit you would have full control of the iPod from the radio.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Enthusiast

Purchased my 2010 Prius IV + Sat Nav option yesterday. It only took me 1 min or so to pair to my Ipod Touch (version 3 software). On returning to my car the Touch paired itself automatically. CD quality sound - very happy.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shaunj
Purchased my 2010 Prius IV + Sat Nav option yesterday. It only took me 1 min or so to pair to my Ipod Touch (version 3 software). On returning to my car the Touch paired itself automatically. CD quality sound - very happy.
The A2DP Bluetooth audio support that you're using only became available starting w/the 2010 Prius. Apple also didn't enable A2DP on iPhone 3G until the 3.0 firmware.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Enthusiast

You are absolutely correct - ipod Touch gained Bluetooth in the version 3 upgrade and the hookup is only possible on the 2010 Prius. Is it possible to modify the firmware for older Prius models?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mharper1981
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and am curious if anyone has had any luck using bluetooth devices other than phones with their prius. I can't find any info about this anywhere. Bluetooth mp3 players are becoming available and I would absolutely love it if I could stream audio from the player to the car. If not, oh well, I'll deal with the wires.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is a great site.

Michael

Hi

I just picked up my 2010 prius level v today and first thing the dealership did was pair my iphone 3gs to the prius. They first paired the iphone then downloaded all my contacts and finally the ipod was paired via bluetooth. All works great like factory now all I need is a good reliable 12 volt to usb charger to charge the iphone. Sound is excellent and in stereo and if you are listening to the ipod via bluetooth and an incoming call comes in the ipod is put on hold and the phone is given priority

Tim from white rock

Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abby
No need for an FM transmitter. You should have an Aux jack in the center console I use this for my iPod. All you need is a 3.5mm cable and this plugs into the headphone part and then into Aux jack. Great sound through the system!
+1 for this. also, with the iphone sitting by the cup holder, the mic seems to pick up my voice fairly well. saved the $ on bluetooth and works perfectly for me. ymmv