New Prius; bluetooth & treo 650

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast
Talking New Prius; bluetooth & treo 650

can i just say, i love my new 2007 prius. picked it up last Friday, have 37 miles on it. it's fabulous! i'm reading like crazy and running down to the car every five minutes. this is my first post as an 'anything' enthusiast. it should say 'newbie'.

the bluetooth on my treo 650 synced immediately and had been working like a charm. no sound problems as BIG-FOOT mentioned. my friend says it sounds great.

like LILARIENNE, i haven't been able to get contacts transfered either. my treo does not need an update at this time. i checked and it's already at 1.17. i appreciate the reminder from SCHMIDTJ.

i was going to next try SCHMIDTJ's solution. so happy to catch that. it might be helpful to someone if repeated here since the original thread was last October.

From the TCH:
Info->Telephone->Settings->PhoneBook->Transfer Data->Group ## or No Group
From the PALM based Treo:
Applications->Contacts->Select Category->Menu->Send Category->Bluetooth->OK->Nearby Devices->OK->Select Camry ((hopefully Prius)) (HANDSFREE)->Done

however, i did something to knock the signal off and can't get it back on. so i'll try again tomorrow.

what did i do? i hit the power button and you know how quiet this car is! how sometimes it'll idle and then just gear up. well it geared & sputtered! HUH? so i hit the power button, (one for off, one for on) and as an experiment i put my foot on the accelerator. it scared me silly...and wouldn't stop!! so i hit the power button again (2xsame). and THAT's when i noticed the bluetooth didn't connect and NOW it won't find the darn thing. i had all kinds of things on the dash flashing at me.
i hope i didn't ruin my break-in period with that little stunt.

p.s. can you guys tell me what TCH means? i'm seeing that a LOT!!!

Last edited by CkGoGreen; 04-24-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: New Prius; bluetooth & treo 650

Congratulations on your new 2007 Prius. It is an awesome car.

I believe TCH is short for Toyota Camry Hybrid.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

thanks....so i guess i'm TPH..LOL

Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: New Prius; bluetooth & treo 650

so, i finally got the bluetooth reconnected. a soft reset didn't do it so i did a hard reset on my treo (650). after several (well many) attempts to reconnect i figured out you have to RE-REGISTER the bluetooth...

anyway, now that i know TCH is the Camry...i still tried to transfer my treo contact data into the car with the formula mentioned yesterday. it did not work so i'm back to square one.

if anyone knows how i can transfer the treo 650 contact data to the "TPH" please let me know.

thanks. Ck

Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast

I have 2008 Prius and Treo 650. Cannot connect at all to the Prius. When I register the phone, it goes thru all the proper requests, but when done, the phone will not connect to the car. Every time I get in the car, I get a "bluetooth connection failed" after a few minutes.

Any ideas folks?
Thanks