Prius Tailgate Decal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Prius Tailgate Decal?

I've seen a Prius or two with a big "PRIUS" decal over the black part of the hatchback. Anyone know where this can be had?

Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius Tailgate Decal?

If the decal says Prius, then it is a Toyota part that should be available through any dealership parts counter. It is designed to protect the bumper from scratches and dings from unloading and loading the hatch. I've been thinking about getting it after a bad experience with some kids I was transporting to a weekend camp and one of them had the world’s largest bag in my hatch and decided to take it out on her own. She rolled a wheeled across my bumper and it had some rub marks and a nick. I had the vehicle detailed and got rid of the rub mark, but the nick is still there, barely visible. So, I'm still thinking about getting that decal.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast

The 'black part' of the hatchback on my car is all of it...

but I think you mean the lower window? JeromeP was talking about the rear bumper guard. I have also seen those and I think you can have that done at a sign shop. I don't think it's a Toyota part if you're talking about what I'm thinking about.

My lower window is occupied by university logos.

Have you checked PriusChat? It's down at the moment but they have a few threads about things similar to that.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

I think I know the type of large window decal you are talking of, King. I have been tossing around the idea of something on my rear lower window, but keep going back and forth. A guy on PriusChat, Inventer00(?), has "HYBRID" on his. I was thinking something like "GOOD. CLEAN. FUN." I think Inventor once said that the dimensions are something like 36" wide and 6" tall, roughly. I'm sure you'd do complete measurements before you had anything made for you, but just be sure to take into consideration the middle area which is a little more narrow than the rest.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Technogeek

Someone have a Pic of this?