Some key fob experiments

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Some key fob experiments

Not to bring reality into this discussion but in real life application, this is much more complicated than what has is being discussed.

If there comes a time when cars will be required to have transponders that flash their lights and honk/chirp any time there is a child, handicapped, or elderly person within a 100 meters (300+ feet... about a football field), :
Below are my two favorite end result scenarios, when cars with transponders flash their lights and honk/chirp any time there is a child, handicapped, or elderly person within a 100 meters (300+ feet... about a football field) of:

1) It would be entertaining (for the first few hours), to see the traffic jam, from the light-show/symphony of everyone's headlights flashing and horns 'chirping' ALL THE TIME!!! The results of a largely ignored recent study (merely because its unpublished, biased, non-scientific, and fictional) show that out of all the
people that drive hybrids:
    2) I don't want anyone to think that federal regulations should actually be limited by some wilted, moldy, piece of paper ("intellectual" people don't believe in silly old traditions and wives' tails... like, the tooth fairy, Freedom, God, the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights).

But there might be a few ultra-conservative fascists that are going to wine and complain about their right to privacy. Also think of the stimulating the economy gets when the National Association of Responsible Pedophiles and Scam Artists Lobby start bribing congress with huge 'AIG-esque bonus', so that eBay sales of the "Granny and Little Kiddie Tracker/Finder" stay high.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:35 PM
    Enthusiast
    Default Re: Some key fob experiments

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
    Exactly, the horn but a short 'bleep'. It is called "pulse modulation" and even with the horn relay, this should work quite nicely. But I see the special key fobs as being attached to shoes of pre-school kids, senior citizens and other at-risk pedestrians.

Can't you hear your own horn? I think the driver, pedestrian and any by-standers will get an audio alert. For good measure, flash the lights too.

Better still, it scales well. All key fob equipped vehicles can use the same system, ~80% of all vehicles. What this means is even the remaining 20% get some notice of the at-risk pedestrians.

Bob Wilson
    great idea, but if the kids of today were anything like me (and i fear most likely are ) then its only a matter of time before they're abusing these specialty fobs for interacting with hybrid vehicles and their drivers