Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

A Kindly Note from the Furry Green Monster

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default A Kindly Note from the Furry Green Monster

Grr... argh. I wasn't able to find any results that matched your request. Why don't you try again?
While that's a very amusing error message (and Monster header), it'd be even more helpful to have the search link show up on the search results page, so I can easily try again. I'm not trying to bust your ***** or anything, Jason... but maybe you could ping the developers of this forum software with a clue stick

FWIW, I was searching for "CarChip", and was somewhat surprised to find no mention of it here.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: A Kindly Note from the Furry Green Monster

Haha yeah I added that little message in as the "cannot be found" phrase. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can define a message specifically for when one's doing a search... there may be other uses for it. I'll look into it.

Why don't you start a thread about CarChips?

Old 06-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

touche.

I might start a thread about CarChips later, after I've done yet more investigation.

What I'm really looking for is an open system whereby I can hook a computer up to my ODBII port and do whatever I want as far as real-time reporting and long-term logging and analysis.

Frankly, I'm dumbfounded that there is not a single open-source software project that has taken on OBDII or any of the currently-available modules on yet. I would start one myself, but frankly, I'm a web developer and not low-level software engineer.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:41 AM

There are open-source projects you just have to look. I think you inadvertantly started a thead.