100K Service Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 100K Service Recommendations?

My 06 FEH is getting ready to hit 100K this coming weekend. It'll happen as we're in the middle of a trip from Atlanta to Ft. Bragg, NC and back. Oil change will be done before we leave, but the rest will have to wait until we get home. I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for things to check/service, beyond what the Owner's Manual lists.

Gary, John, Billy, any extra advice you can offer? All help is appreciated.

Bob

BTW, per Gary's recommendation, I did cut down on the washes (except for the windshield; I'm **** about visibility) and my mileage did go up almost 1.5 MPG on my weekly runs between GA and AL. Who knew? So much for friction-reducing wax! From now on, just once every six months just to protect the paint.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Default Re: 100K Service Recommendations?

Originally Posted by bob95fxdl
My 06 FEH is getting ready to hit 100K this coming weekend. It'll happen as we're in the middle of a trip from Atlanta to Ft. Bragg, NC and back. Oil change will be done before we leave, but the rest will have to wait until we get home. I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for things to check/service, beyond what the Owner's Manual lists.

Gary, John, Billy, any extra advice you can offer? All help is appreciated.

Bob

BTW, per Gary's recommendation, I did cut down on the washes (except for the windshield; I'm **** about visibility) and my mileage did go up almost 1.5 MPG on my weekly runs between GA and AL. Who knew? So much for friction-reducing wax! From now on, just once every six months just to protect the paint.
I'd stick with the manual unless you have other problems you know of.

Glad you can confirm what I already know and I keep my windshield clean also. I did stop using RainX and just keep good wipers on my cars.

GaryG