Would you recommend the Escape?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Would you recommend the Escape?

I think my high-end (all the options) 08 FEH compares very favorably to the similar Mercedes M class which costs about $10K more. Of course if crap like motorized seat back and motorized passenger seat and rear air and garage door control are All Important to you then you probably won't agree.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
Would you mind letting me know how that purchase turns out, stability control wise. I have no need to wait another year if it turns out I'm wrong.

I tend to trust the actual Ford media releases moreso than any other source, by a LARGE measure, and since they don't directly address the matter I remain with my doubts.

"you don't even own..."

I wonder if that would remain an issue if I were to express a HYPER level of satisfaction with the product..???!!!
I will be happy to report my experiences when I get my FEH. To the other question, yes I think it would still be an issue to express satisfaction over a vehicle you don't own either. I cannot be dissatisfied nor can I be satisfied over something I do not possess nor have driven yet. I can be skeptical and hopeful though. That is where it rubs me wrong with your posts. But, you are entitled to your opinion. I simply don't agree with it. C'est la vie!

Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrCrank
I think my high-end (all the options) 08 FEH compares very favorably to the similar Mercedes M class which costs about $10K more. Of course if crap like motorized seat back and motorized passenger seat and rear air and garage door control are All Important to you then you probably won't agree.
I wouldn't really call a fully powered driver and passanger seat crap. When I start to get into the 32K MSRP range for a car I start to expect stuff like that to be included. This is actually one of my #1 cripes about the car. My wife and I both drive is, and I have to adjust the stupid seat every time.

In my 325i our seat settings are stored in the onboard CPU. So when I hit unlock with my key (vs. her key) the seat will automatically move back to where I had it when I was last in the car. Same for my wife. In addition, with the seat memories I can always move the seat back to my normal position in case a valet has moved it. I don't think this is much to ask for when you are spending 30K+ on a car.

And once again, why is rear air crap and too much to ask for in (again) a 30K car.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I tend to trust the actual Ford media releases moreso than any other source, by a LARGE measure, and since they don't directly address the matter I remain with my doubts.
Here is a link to Ford Press release that directly deals with the 09 FEH/MMH and RSC:

"We’re developing the next-generation regenerative braking system for the 2009 Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid to be compatible with RSC"
http://www.ford.com/innovation/autom...y-control-313p

and this one too:

"Also new this year is a new standard safety feature - AdvanceTrac® with RSC®. Already standard on gas-powered models, this patented Ford Motor Company stability control system includes roll stability control. Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid are the only small hybrids to offer such an advanced safety technology."
http://www.ford.com/about-ford/news-..._autoshow_2008

Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by MyPart
Here is a link to Ford Press release that directly deals with the 09 FEH/MMH and RSC:

"We’re developing the next-generation regenerative braking system for the 2009 Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid to be compatible with RSC"
http://www.ford.com/innovation/autom...y-control-313p

RSC, Roll Stability Control, is not at issue in this discussion, no question, the FEH/MMH definitely have RSC.

and this one too:

"Also new this year is a new standard safety feature - AdvanceTrac® with RSC®. Already standard on gas-powered models, this patented Ford Motor Company stability control system includes roll stability control. Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid are the only small hybrids to offer such an advanced safety technology."
http://www.ford.com/about-ford/news-..._autoshow_2008

Now, this is where things become puzzling, VERY puzzling..

The press release says what it says...

On the other hand the Ford Escape brochure publishable at Ford.com, under Safety and Security, indicates that the standard (non-hybrid) Escape includes AdvanceTrac. The same feature column, Safety and Security, for the Escape hybrid makes no mention of it having AdvanceTrac or even RSC.
Strange...!!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:20 PM

No, absolute, ABSOLUTELY NOT..!!

If the Prius or the Camry hybrid (both with VSC/Trac/etc.) isn't a " fit" then there are too many other choices that are much better than ANY hybrid.

Personally I'm holding out for a RAV4 or CX-7 hybrid, or maybe an MMH if/when they add VSC.
You are in luck, they added stability and roll control to the 2009 MMH/FEH...

Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I wouldn't really call a fully powered driver and passanger seat crap. When I start to get into the 32K MSRP range for a car I start to expect stuff like that to be included. This is actually one of my #1 cripes about the car. My wife and I both drive is, and I have to adjust the stupid seat every time.

In my 325i our seat settings are stored in the onboard CPU. So when I hit unlock with my key (vs. her key) the seat will automatically move back to where I had it when I was last in the car. Same for my wife. In addition, with the seat memories I can always move the seat back to my normal position in case a valet has moved it. I don't think this is much to ask for when you are spending 30K+ on a car.

And once again, why is rear air crap and too much to ask for in (again) a 30K car.
There is, to me, an even more important aspect of powered seats. On a longish drive it is very convenient to be able to simply use a button to adjust, re-adjust, the seat in order to change your seating position once in awhile.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Willard
Give us the link to the Escape Brochure you reference above please. I would like to see the same thing you are.

I also have to ask again, why in the world do you troll around on the FEH/MMH forum when you so obviously despise these vehicles? Why don't you just wait to the '09 models hit your dealer and then go drive one. You can publish everything that is wrong about them then.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM

There is, to me, an even more important aspect of powered seats. On a longish drive it is very convenient to be able to simply use a button to adjust, re-adjust, the seat in order to change your seating position once in awhile.
My 08 FEH has a directional switch that allows for 6 way motion for the drivers seat. It is easily accessible while driving (especially long distances). Ford list this as a standard option on the FEH/MMH and I don't expect they would change that on the '09 model. Check out this video at the 1:30 mark to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00JYCn2fPY8&NR=1

Willard, please note that almost all of the data available from the main pages at ford.com regarding the FEH/MMH will be for the current 2008 model. Ford does not seem to update their web site to the new models until they are well off the assembly line (unlike GM and their highly advertised but slowly released two-mode hybrids).

Last edited by MyPart; 07-14-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:33 PM

FOR WILLIARD:
from this link: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...e=post&id=6895

04/17/08 2009 ESCAPE & ESCAPE HYBRID
MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES
Product Changes and Features Availability
Features, options and package content subject to change. Please check www.fmcdealer.com or Dealer eStore for the most current information.
������ = New for this model year
HEV = Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- 1 - Ford Division
OVERVIEW
Introducing the new powertrain line-up for 2009 Escape & Escape Hybrid (HEV). These new powertrains deliver both improved
performance and improved fuel economy. The all-new 2.5L I-4 (gas) produces 170 horsepower and increased torque, while
achieving improved fuel economy in both city and highway driving. The 3.0L V-6 delivers a 20% improvement in horsepower at
240HP while still achieving improved fuel economy in both city and highway driving. These gasoline engines will be offered with
an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission. The Escape Hybrid gets a new 2.5L I-4 Atkinson Cycle engine. AdvanceTrac® RSC
is standard on Hybrid for 2009 and a new Hybrid Limited series is available.

A document/photo is worth a thousand words. We know you can be a pain. It is your life here. Your reference to : On the other hand the Ford Escape brochure publishable at Ford.com, under Safety and Security, indicates that the standard (non-hybrid) Escape includes AdvanceTrac. The same feature column, Safety and Security, for the Escape hybrid makes no mention of it having AdvanceTrac or even RSC. is from the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. You knew that when you downloaded the e-brochure.

Until you show your DIY RWD conversion from an AWD vehicle, it is only hot air with no substance.

Maybe we should just ignore Willard with his posts here?

Quick Reply: Would you recommend the Escape?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands