HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

I have pictures, if anyone can tell me how to post them. Apparently .jpg's don't work?

I'll be taking my HCHII to the dealer this afternoon to show them the problem and see what they propose. I also called Honda of America to increase our numbers reporting this problem. More to come...

Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Hey Jordan,

I am sorry I don't know how to post pix neither. Hopefully, some experienced members can help us with that.

Eric.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I sent you a pm with my email addy. send them to me and i will host them.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Old 10-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

The pictures look like there's two glares, one on the top and one of the bottm.... But in actuality is the top part NOT glare but the ACTUAL PAINT COMING OFF? Is that what we're seeing here? Because right off the bat, the pictures look like it's just showing glare off the car....

Last edited by felixdacat; 10-04-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Looks like a reflection from the flash to me. I don't see any paint damage here. Could you use photoshop (or microsoft paint, etc.) to put an arrow or circle around where the damage is?

Old 10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is that little line what you're referring to? I've placed an arrow next to it...

Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nope. The actual paint damage is above that arrow. That arrow points more or less to the space where the trunk lid connects to the rear side panel. Look ABOVE that and you'll see another distinct line. This is where the spoiler meets the trunk lid. Directly UNDER that line there is a parallel line that looks like the picture is smudged or out of focus. It runs pretty much the entire length of the spoiler.

That is actually where the paint has been rubbed and dulled by the contact between the two. Following that line you can also see one point on each picture where the "smudged" line appears brighter. That, my friends, is primer.

Hopefully, that offers a bit of clarity. Many thanks to the gentlemen who is hosting these pictures for me. I'll edit them with some arrows, etc. and re-mail them to him. I'm sorry the pictures are not as good as they could be. For the sake of my photographic dignity, I'll blame that on the Magnetic Pearl color.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

mine has it, too, actual paint chips on trunk next to edge of spoiler, and i bot it new 3 wks ago.

ps: you can use image shack, among others, to host your pix. why can't we use jpg on this site? kinda yugo-ish.

Last edited by 06hch2; 10-04-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast

I have what looks like a repaird paint chip on the rear. I noticed this just this past WE. I'll need to verify the spoiler.

I'd rather leave the chip, then have them repair it. If it's not repaired correctly by the body shop their likely to leave swirls in the paint from the buffer which will only stand out more as the vehicle ages.

Last edited by WRXSTi; 10-04-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands