HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Does anyone know if this was corrected for '09 models? The service bulletin lists '06 to '08, so presumably and hopefully the '09 spoiler will be problem-free!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

I hope this is the last tsb I have do deal with....my dealer said the scratches were from me washing the car....I can not wait to show them the tsb

peace
brian

Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Originally Posted by hchluv
I hope this is the last tsb I have do deal with....my dealer said the scratches were from me washing the car....I can not wait to show them the tsb

peace
brian
put a little english on it for me when you show him the tsb.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Does anyone know if this was corrected for '09 models? The service bulletin lists '06 to '08, so presumably and hopefully the '09 spoiler will be problem-free!
According to the TSB, "In Applies to, certain 2009 Civic Hybrid models have
been added."

It also says:
Applies To: 2006–08 Civic Hybrid – ALL
2009 Civic Hybrid – From VIN JHMFA362.9S000001 thru JHMFA362.9 015697

Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Arrow Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Applies To: 2006–08 Civic Hybrid – ALL
2009 Civic Hybrid – From VIN JHMFA362.9S000001 thru JHMFA362.9 015697
Mine was produced in January, and is an S012XXX. Therefore, I believe it applies to virtually every '09 produced so far.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Enthusiast

Hi guys, I took my car in for the window out of track problem and pointed out the paint issue on either side of my spoiler. In my case, the paint problem is only noticeable upon closer inspection (so its not major). When I mentioned it to the service guy, he said he'd have to have his district manager look at it an approve any work on paint (weird). So when he got back to me, he told me the manager had agreed to fix the paint, but that they would need it for a full week because they need to send it off to go get painted... This seems like an awfully long time. Does that sound about right to you guys? As side note, the service guy had an appallingly bad attitude with me, as if he hated his job or something. I was THIS close to speaking/complaining to a manager, but in the end just left disappointed at the customer service. So I'm almost kind of wondering if he might have made up a super long timeframe, so as to discourage me from bringing in my car?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Energy Independence

A week IS a long time, but the third-party paint-shop probably won't start work on your car immediately. That's my guess. This is a two day job, three max - as far as actual work time is concerned.
I'll get around to taking mine in before too long.

I think it's pretty common to have manager or even "regional" manager approval before warranty paint-work. It can get pretty expensive for Honda, and the dealership could get stuck with the bill if Honda decides the dealer is giving away too many paint-jobs. So they want another set of eyes on it that have some authority and sway.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Steven it's still not fix. I noticed the problem on our 09 today with 11k miles on the car. There is also a new TSB out as of March 30 2009 that replaces one from Jan. 2009.

I will fix the issues my self.