07 mercury mariner hybrid, no ev mode.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 01:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 mercury mariner hybrid, no ev mode.

Who hooooo. Installed replacement ev battery with harness kit, 3hr job. 9 bolts hold down battery. Three electrical connectors and one shield cover for high voltage wires. Easyyyy.
Make shure to wear electrical gloves 330volts can jump at you out of connectors. Took one jump and it stsrted went into ev mode idleing after 5 min. I thought what now hassa. Took for 20 mile spin all good. Mpg without ev this week 26mpg, about 600 miles. 30mpg with ev functioning on 20 mile trip and increasing. Car sounds better, has power. Rides smoother. Very happy. I will post video on youtube under my channel "malach211" titled how to ruin a hybrid tomorrow. Thanks everyone. Still need to know if i can upgrade my stock stereo with the better stock one with gps and on board vehicle monitoring. These came with 3 diff radio options i have the middle one.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shane Carr
2006. Interchange says yes. Hopefully wont require reprogramming bcm. Have service harness kit also. Instructions say to reprogram bcm after install of kit. Kit is just a jumper harness extension. Not sure but i bet the electrical connectors on harness kit contact better OR it an ohm problem in length of harness wire, not specified.
http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Escape_...cooling_system

Old 09-10-2019, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. What is wiring for ev cooling fans. Ie 12volt with blue wire as trigger or are the 3 phase 12volt and 3rd wire is ground. I want to install small led lamp to 12v trigger to let me know when fans are active.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Didn't watch the whole video, so you might have mentioned it. Alternatively, you can monitor ambient, evap and battery temperatures directly with Forscan. Essentially, take everything you did and replace it with a few minutes to download Forscan, buy a $20 OBDII adapter and 30 seconds to plug it in. Another minute to figure out the software/BCM output and get all the temps you want and far more data on every system in the car.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast

2006. Interchange says yes. Hopefully wont require reprogramming bcm. Have service harness kit also. Instructions say to reprogram bcm after install of kit. Kit is just a jumper harness extension. Not sure but i bet the electrical connectors on harness kit contact better OR it an ohm problem in length of harness wire, not specified.
Update replaced both cooling fans after ev battery swap. Replacement battery had intermittent passenger fan operation. Installed new fans oe. Blend door in cooling system malfunction. Purchased new blend door actuator and it skipped gear, i dont think its pinion gear was clocked properly from manufacturer, oe. Threw wrench light. Ford service today said malfuntion in new actuator. I bought another installed it, made sure it was clocked properly. I checked both actuator doors. Wrench light out. Seems ok so far. I NOTICED WHEN INSTALLING NEW FANS THAT ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS FOR FANS HAVE WEAK CONTACTS AFTER DRIVER SIDE FAN WHICH WAS NEW HAD INTERMITTENT FAN OPERATION. cleaned plug contacts for both fans. Slighly bent female contact receptacles in plugs to facilitate better contact. No more intermittent fans! I bet this is the same issue that cause a service kit (pigtail) for power control module in ev battery. Ive been thru this crap with my vw maf. Factory updated the maf plug but didnt say why, no service bulletin either. Go figure these boneheads dont want recalls. If i get intermittent fan failure again i will remove crappy connectors on fans and solder the wires. This explains all the zip ties and adhesive foam covers on these plugs. Remember these fans are controlled by pulsed modulation and if the contacts in the plugs are not perfect then improper voltage to fan and irradic behavior. So for now we will see. I have posted a vid on this AND A VID ON THE INFERIOR NEW DESIGN ON THE NEW BLEND DOOR ACTUATORS, nylon gears. Oe ford part not dorman. Check out my channel malach211 on youtube. I get no revenue from channel just me doin my thing.search 2007 mariner for vids trying to step thru this.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Didn't watch the whole video, so you might have mentioned it. Alternatively, you can monitor ambient, evap and battery temperatures directly with Forscan. Essentially, take everything you did and replace it with a few minutes to download Forscan, buy a $20 OBDII adapter and 30 seconds to plug it in. Another minute to figure out the software/BCM output and get all the temps you want and far more data on every system in the car.
True but i have metromile so cant have obd2 obstructed as metromile uses it to track mileage. With my setup it stays on all the time. Have obd2 adaptor need to dowload forscan still for future diagnostics.

Last edited by Shane Carr; 09-14-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2009 mariner hybrid. My hybrid battery seems to run hot lately (it’s also been in the 90s outside lately) with no dash lights but it won’t go into ev mode and only stays using the gas engine whiles the battery is hot. I check the batterys fans and then work. I also check the MECS pump and it’s seems to be working aswell (I can hear and feel it vibrate) however I don’t feel liquid going through the hose but I do see the fluid in coolant Reservoir moving. Any ideas of what could be going on?

I did get a new MECS pump to replace the old one if it just stops working after driving for a while.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybridsty
I have a 2009 mariner hybrid. My hybrid battery seems to run hot lately (it’s also been in the 90s outside lately) with no dash lights but it won’t go into ev mode and only stays using the gas engine whiles the battery is hot. I check the batterys fans and then work. I also check the MECS pump and it’s seems to be working aswell (I can hear and feel it vibrate) however I don’t feel liquid going through the hose but I do see the fluid in coolant Reservoir moving. Any ideas of what could be going on?

I did get a new MECS pump to replace the old one if it just stops working after driving for a while.
How did you check the fans?

How is your A/C working?