2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Originally Posted by Rspaight
My 2008 US (KY-built 08/07) TCH just arrived.

Ryan
I am SO jealous. My 08 TCH loaded Blue Ribbon Metallic (sounds like the same car) is not here yet. Last word was perhaps a delay until 9/27 (arrival at dealer). My Eclipse backup camera came today but I don't have the car to put it in... [sigh]...

Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Tidelend Prius — The brochure says nothing about any change in the headrest design. I also looked at them, and pulled them out and replaced them, looking for any indication that they could pivot, and didn't get any such indication. I'd expect that they'd trumpet such a change in the brochure if it had actually been implemented.

To clarify the Curb Weights, from the brochures:
2007: 1669 kg (3680 lb)
2008: 1650 kg (3638 lb)

I didn't notice the color of the interior door frames. This probably means that they were body-colored, like mine. I also didn't notice any difference in the storage boxes, or trim difference on the doors, but I wouldn't swear about this. The pictures don't show any exterior door trim difference.

Stan

Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

thanks to both of you!

Well I don't see how they pivot on the Volvo sedans since I know they have active headrests (even the RAV4 starting in 2001 had them and they look the same!). But given that the other things were not present, it's probably safe to say that the active headrests aren't there either.

Still curious as to the weight loss. I mean, weight loss is good, but I just wanna know what they did.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast

I scoured the manual but couldn't find the curb weight. The Toyota web site says 3680, same as Stan's 2007 number. So who knows.

The interior door frame is indeed body color.

Ryan

Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rodney12
I am SO jealous. My 08 TCH loaded Blue Ribbon Metallic (sounds like the same car) is not here yet. Last word was perhaps a delay until 9/27 (arrival at dealer). My Eclipse backup camera came today but I don't have the car to put it in... [sigh]...
OK... My frown has been turned upside down. After making this post I went to my dealer's website and as if by magical force there was suddenly a Blue Ribbon TCH Nav, sunroof, etc (C Pkg) with Bisque leather. Yada yada yada and now it is in my garage.

Time to update my signature...

Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

... No lid on the box behind the shifter...
Wow, I would really miss that. That is where I store my GPS when I park.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rodney12
OK... My frown has been turned upside down. After making this post I went to my dealer's website and as if by magical force there was suddenly a Blue Ribbon TCH Nav, sunroof, etc (C Pkg) with Bisque leather. Yada yada yada and now it is in my garage.

Time to update my signature...
Cool and congrats! The Bisque interior seems kinda rare with that color -- mine and most others I've seen in inventories are Ash. Enjoy.

Ryan

Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abward
Wow, I would really miss that. That is where I store my GPS when I park.
Just to be clear -- I'm talking about the little boxlet with the power outlet, not the armrest box or the cupholders. I don't think the TCH ever had a lid on that compartment.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

So carryover in terms of interior design then?

oh well....

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast

Just to be clear -- I'm talking about the little boxlet with the power outlet, not the armrest box or the cupholders. I don't think the TCH ever had a lid on that compartment.
The Hybrid doesn't have this feature, but it is found on the SE and XLE. I wonder if this could be retrofitted to the Hybrid like the XLE's sliding armrest?

Quick Reply: 2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands