TCH Spottings!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Spottings!

I see a lot of Camry's (I should, it's the top selling car)...and probably 1 out of 7 are TCH.

Seeing more and more of lately.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Enthusiast

I see quite a few here in Albuquerque. There are alot of hybrid cars in this city. Last Sunday, I counted 11 hybrids in the space of two hours (prius, civic, tch,). I spent a week in Orlando and Clearwater. Saw 10 TCH's and not one was a hybrid. By the way, rented a prius in FL, enjoyed it very much. 49 mpg. I spent $20 on gas for the week. Drove 300+ miles. I like my TCH more though.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drsjohn
... Saw 10 TCH's and not one was a hybrid. ....
Not one of the Toyota Camry Hybrids was a Hybrid?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

There is a twin sky blue in my area that I came across one time.

I drive by someone's driveway with a jasper pearl one and I often see sand mica ones (more than one) on the road.

I think I saw a white one recently too.

I get excited sometimes when I see a possible TCH from afar and it then turns out to be a LE and I am dissapointed.

The more the merrier I think.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Fabulous in Green

When I decided to get the Camry, I knew right away that I won't be unique. Granted, there are not a lot of Camry Hybrid here in Jersey, my Metallic Gray is pretty popular. On 78 and 24, I get stares from fellow Camry drivers ... which I completely despise btw.

ANYHOO ....

Believe it or not, I haven't seen a Camry Hyrbid driver yet, but a lot of Priuses. And they drive REALLY slow LOL

Originally Posted by haroldo
I was driving yesterday behind a Metallic Grey TCH...as is mine. I thought it was cool, but imagine that it will get kind of old when there are a ton of them on the road.

Later on I say a white TCH...driving in the left lane of a two lane road...with a 50 miles per hour speed limit...he was doing 35 MPH...he was being passed on the right. I wonder if he was trying to improve his mileage. C'mon folks, we all want better mileage, but 35 in the left lane?

Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by g.theory
...my Metallic Gray is pretty popular. On 78 and 24, I get stares from fellow Camry drivers ... which I completely despise
Hey, I got the same car and am in the same area.
As to the stares...just wave or smile and they'll go away.
Many car owners react similarly when they see the same car as their own on the road, it's only natural.
Despise cancer, despise hunger, despise homelessness, but don't despise a stare from someone with the same car... life's way too short.

Last edited by haroldo; 04-14-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:00 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I get excited sometimes when I see a possible TCH from afar and it then turns out to be a LE and I am dissapointed.
ME too! There are so many plain camrys around here... A guy I work with has a TCH, and I've only seen 5 or 6 driving up here... People usually buy the cheapest car they can get their hands on around here.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I actually saw another TCH on the way to work this morning. I was doing 65ish and she passed me up. We both looked over at each other, smiled and she gave me the thumbs up.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by g.theory
When I decided to get the Camry, I knew right away that I won't be unique. Granted, there are not a lot of Camry Hybrid here in Jersey, my Metallic Gray is pretty popular. On 78 and 24, I get stares from fellow Camry drivers ... which I completely despise btw.

ANYHOO ....

Believe it or not, I haven't seen a Camry Hyrbid driver yet, but a lot of Priuses. And they drive REALLY slow LOL

I used to live up there up until last week...... I have a gray TCH.....but I don't drive 35 in a 55 zone.....It had to be som1 else cos I don't drive on either 78 or 24.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I think I saw at least 3 TCHs on my ~10 minute drive home last night. Went out to my car, there was another one (black) parked directly behind me, and the guy was just getting in his at the same time. Then crossing the river from Boston to Cambridge I was beside one that was silver or something similar (it was dark, couldn't tell if it was some metallic pale blue instead maybe). Then drove around a few blocks to another bigger street where I was following another silver TCH (which I can't imagine could be the one I'd passed earlier as it went a different way), and suddenly realized the car behind me was a black TCH (which could conceivably have been the one parked behind me when I started though it was odd). The three of us drove all in a row taking the same turn along the way right up until I turned off to get to my place. And it was dark but at one point I saw a parked car I suspected might have been another.

I see them around but 3 in a 45-minute commute is unusual, 3 or more in a 10 minute trip home from town was a bit of a surprise...