Scanguage code for Soc

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Scanguage code for Soc

Earlier this evening I attended the hybrid clinic put on by Ford. I'm going to write report about the clinic later but I did want to pass on My number one question -- What is the obd2 code for the state of charge of the hybrid battery?

The Ford engineer I spoke to called an engineer with Sanyo and reported the hexadecimal code is 4923. The response needs to be scaled by multiplying it by .001526. The answer (I believe is in watts, however I didn't think to ask).

Anyway, would someone with a scanguage try this and see if it's correct. The engineer gave me his e-mail so I can follow up if needed.

Dennis

Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scanguage code for Soc

I have a scangauge and a hah so I will check if that works. I have been wondering about that code myself, but figured there are not enough characters to display the voltage of a 144v pack, I may be wrong (again).

I am outta town at the moment on a short road trip and will try to check perhaps Monday evening.

I briefly looked once for the obdII connector while sitting in the car and did not spot it, anyone know off hand where it is to give me a jump start? I know it is supposed to be within easy reach of the driver seat.

later

Tony

Old 07-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just so you have your units right... that should be Watt-hours, not just Watts. Watts is instantaneous energy usage, not capacity.

Sorry.... I'm an EE. I guess the English teachers aren't more annoying than us

Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis
Earlier this evening I attended the hybrid clinic put on by Ford. I'm going to write report about the clinic later but I did want to pass on My number one question -- What is the obd2 code for the state of charge of the hybrid battery?

The Ford engineer I spoke to called an engineer with Sanyo and reported the hexadecimal code is 4923. The response needs to be scaled by multiplying it by .001526. The answer (I believe is in watts, however I didn't think to ask).

Anyway, would someone with a scanguage try this and see if it's correct. The engineer gave me his e-mail so I can follow up if needed.

Dennis
Dennis, maybe this engineer can answer one question for us. Is there a "hard-coded" break-in period for the FEH/MMH? Meaning, is there something programmed into the vehicle to change the performance/capabilities based on mileage? Some of us have noticed drastic changes immediately following odometer readings of 1,000mi and 3,000mi.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

This actually verifies what I had found out from a vendor of scantools which has access to the enhanced data that is Ford specific, so Tony this most likely won't work on the HAH.

Now, for people with a scanguage, I don't know if it only allows you access to mode 01 data, and the pids in that particular mode. The SoC is pid 0x4923 in mode 22.

Now the only thing other than the pid that they had mentioned was that it is a 16-bit unsigned response, that they thought was directly mapped to a percentage. I haven't plugged my scantool in yet to test the response, part of the problem is that I don't have the nav unit, so I can only verify that the value is changing when charging/assisting, and not necessarily what it co-relates to.

Thanks for the info about the scaling, this may help quite a bit.

Can the scanguage grab information from the enhanced obd2 modes?

Old 07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

I put 4923 HEX in memory 0 of my ScanGauge, pushed SEND, and got back a
blank display with OK in the lower right. :-( My NAV display showed the battery
about 1/4 full.

rb

Originally Posted by Dennis

Dennis

Old 07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

So after thinking about it, the scaling factor makes perfect sense. The car will respond with a 16-bit unsigned value with a maximum of 65535, and multiplied by the mentioned .001526, gives a value of 100.0079, which would essentially just be taking the range 0-65535 and converting the values to 0-100 to give the percentage. This works for what the person at the scan tool company mentioned, and is similar to what I had seen in some obd2 software.

I should have my scantool ready tomorrow, and will be able to plug it in and test this out.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:54 PM

Hi All

It's a matter of time the SG will come with battery SOC ability from SG without having to program the unit. Today, I loaded a program in my pocket PC that can use a OBD11 plug with Bluetooth wireless to give readings simalar to the SG on a much nicer screen. Only problem is, there is no way for options to add additional readings like SoC at this point. The cost is around the same price as the new SG11, only it's wireless. How and if this would effect the PCM is unknown.

I've taken a step back to look at hard wire connections that can add battery SOC to existing software packages for my pocket PC screen (XV6700). The competition needs to move fast for my buck. I have the battery SOC on my navi already, but the new programs are giving you a graph and digital readouts.

To go back and see this info on you wide screen 37in monitor and HDTV will make hypermiling childs play.

My suggestion to Ron Delong from scangauge is to go wireless, pocket PC for unlimited wireless internet and cell phone.

There are more than three reasons for this request:

1 I need to monitor fuel consumption.

2 I need to carry my internet computer with me.

3 I need to talk to anyone at anytime.

$ The auto industry needs to lower cost, not charge high prices for POS equipment.

If you could add a lie detector meter for political and any other radio sales offers, I'd pay the extra bucks also!

GaryG

Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

FWIW,

I poked the register # 4923 into the scangauge connected to my HAH and was surprised to see it return a value.

OBDII values should be standard across different product lines but I am confident this usually wont be the case so who knows what this value is the gauge returned to me?

The value on the scanguage was a varying one and these are two of the replies

486bo8410e919b

another one was

486bo8410c0a8496

Now what the heck does all this mean?????????

Old 07-31-2006, 01:24 PM

The values are different lengths. Did some digits get left out of the first value?

Originally Posted by TonyK
FWIW,

The value on the scanguage was a varying one and these are two of the replies

486bo8410e919b

another one was

486bo8410c0a8496

Quick Reply: Scanguage code for Soc

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands