Tahoe dilemma - Will not start

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe dilemma - Will not start

Similar problem here. I was about 300km's from home and Tahoe won't start electrical system came on but message was Hybrid system needed to be serviced. I was towed to nearest dealership where the next day they re-connect a wiring harness and I was on my way the next day. Half way home while driving this time the car died and I costed to the side of the hwy and it won't start again with the same message service hydrid system. Again towed to nearest dealership where it took two days to reconnect the wiring harness, told me last dealership must have not have connect correctly. Drove the rest of the way home and the next morning went to start the vehicle, and it wouldn't start, same error service hydrid system. Towed to local dealership, which has a hybrid certified tech. When hooked up to diagnotics scanner at dealership system came back with 22 errors within the system. This had the dealership confused and had to call GM engineers, this has now been two weeks it's been at the lastest dealership. The GM engineers didn't want the dealership to work on the transmission any longer and are sending a brand new transmission to replace the old one. Currently I'm waiting for the new transmission to be delivered and installed and hopefully I will have my vehicle back with 4 weeks of these issues starting.

This has all occcured around the 12,000 mile mark and now has me questioning if I made the right choice to go with new technology and GM in general. Thanks for listening to my rant, I will update when I get vehicle back.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

I had done some mods behind my console on the stereo and Onstar. According to the dealer, $571 later, I didn't get something plugged in correctly/completely. Am running just fine now, so we shall see.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:20 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default I had a sort of similar problem

[quote=Mic70;203344]Similar problem here. I was about 300km's from home and Tahoe won't start electrical system came on but message was Hybrid system needed to be serviced. ..."

the exception being mine was just totally dead. The dealer found a service bulletin about a defective wireing harness crimp in the internal trans harness. They replaced this harness and I have not had a single problem since. My dealer has 2 certified techs and did a really thorough job testing everything. since its electrical I mention it as you never know....

Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

Well I've had the Tahoe back for about a week with the new transmission installed. Seems to be running fine. Thank goodness for a lenghty warranty on the new technology.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had the Tahoe I test drove in Chicago (I bought in Phoenix) have a dead battery. The dealer walked me back into the shop where the shiny new Hybrid sat. He turned the key and nothing. I watched as he and (eventually) three techs discussed matters and decided that they just needed to charge the 12v for a while and then start it. Yep, worked fine.

So, a couple of months later, when my AuPair calls me from the kid's karate, she said it is dead. I brought my jumper cables, charged it for five minutes and it fired right up. Never had a problem like it again, probably because I store the jumper cables in the back.

I did have a short in the wiring, caused smoke and a loss of some functions, including A/C. After a couple of days, I took it in and the dealer fixed it. That was nine months ago and no repeats (they were pretty certain it was a fluke, a pair of wires had gotten pinched during assembly). Still the original battery. Don't know the mfg. date. I'll post when I find out.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
FLY NAVY!

I wonder if people realize that when you are in auto stop listening to the radio etc, the headlights are on draining your 12 ICE battery even further. I always tun my auto on headlights off as soon as I start the car.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

My first post back in Dec last year was regarding this battery drain. All the symptoms reported here (dash indicator lights, loss of brake assist, rough riding) are all due to a drained 12V battery. Mine occurred in the 1st week of ownership when my wife left the lights and radio on for 45 min while waiting for the kids and I jump started it with cables just like you would any other car so she could get home. A few days later I had the dealer replace the battery and have driven 30K miles since without a single incident. This is an easy fix folks, don't sweat it.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Enthusiast

Ok guyz,

After reading this thread and having an upcoming 2 week trip to Hawaii, you got me nervous... So I called GM Goodwrench (The 1-800 customer care number) I brought this to their attention and the representative actually went to his forum and read the links. After about 10 min on hold, he came back and said there should be no issues with the Tahoe setting for 2 weeks and the vehicle should start fine. I was worried, but I went on my trip and came back, guess what...

The vehicle started fine!!!!

THANK you ol' women for gettin me stirred up!!!!!!!

(I am sorry to hear about other having issues though)

Vince
(P.s., Bonus if you can guess what movie is playing in the DVD Player)

Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Matrix Revolutions?

I'm at 18,000 miles and one year with the Tahoe. Never had an issue again after that first problem. Runs great, 18.9MPG average right now (over 250 gallons), with the lead-footed wife and AuPair driving mostly.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

OK Cygnus, is it either a Dirty Harry or a Matrix movie? More importantly, what's with all the clip-on door openers...have you not learned how to program the overhead remote buttons?

Quick Reply: Tahoe dilemma - Will not start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands