HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Only Canadians get Low Windshield Washer Level Indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Only Canadians get Low Windshield Washer Level Indicator?

hmm, i didn't know this. i use my washer fluid all the time, but i thought it was something that was standard.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Exclamation Re: Only Canadians get Low Windshield Washer Level Indicator?

Originally Posted by msantos
In some cases we'll go through 4.5 liters in less than a week.
I'll have to check the US reservoir size, but I do know that during last fall's love bug swarm I emptied mine twice in 3 days.

And yes, a low level indicator would be nice down here, too.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

yup, my car has the low fluid light. Never thought of this being an option (or non-existent) for our US buddies. Wow, so no trunk release, no navigation option, but heated mirror and larger resevoir and lights. Yeah, that sounds like a great trade-off.

has any Canadian looked ino getting the Nav head and antenna from the US (or maybe from Acura since they offer it on the CSX model)?

Old 03-20-2007, 07:43 AM

I am dismayed that I can't think of a single Canadian joke to go along with this topic.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How 'bout... so they can keep beer in their resovoirs, eh?

I apologize for that....

Old 03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by noflash
How 'bout... so they can keep beer in their resovoirs, eh?

I apologize for that....
Definitely no need to apologize... LOL

That was a good one.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 AM

I am new to owning a Honda, a Civic, and a Hybrid, but I am Canadian and for the first time I had to add washer fluid, I was pleasantly surprised at the design.

First, I noticed some reduced pressure in the washer squirt on the windshield. If you have no reason to believe that it's frozen, then this is your first sign that the reservoir is nearly empty.

Next, it was the car's turn to briefly turn on the windshield washer fluid low indicator while I was stopped on an incline. I squirted some more, but didn't see the indicator come on again for the remainder of my commute, even with similar or worse inclines. I don't think this is a reliable indicator.

Searching the forums, I found this item about the washer fluid dip stick attached to the intake cap which I thought was a smart thing to include on the HCH-II.

So, all in all, the electronic indicator is a nice to have, but if you're maintaining your car regularly, including checking fluids and topping-up the washer fluid before a highway trip during Winter, then the indicator is redundant; A dummy light for the lazy owner.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flash
A side note here is about my Block Heater or those in use up North. I realized that in this car through its first winter I have never had frozen windshield washer squirters or a frozen washer fluid reservoir bottle. Occasionally in some previous cars the squirters would freeze due to the small diameter of the tube feeding them. With the Block Heater warming the engine block there is enough residual heat in the engine bay to not allow the squirter lines to freeze and this is a fantastic side-feature of the Block Heater.

Has anyone in a super-cold environment with a Block Heater experienced frozen washer lines?

Yes, for the first time in any car I have ever owned, my windshield washer fluid froze....

It seems as long as it is near freezing, the fluid will freeze. (It could be a cheap washer fluid mixture from Honda or the dealer.)