HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Spotting HCH2's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Spotting HCH2's

Manhattan is crawling with Prii, but I still haven't seen one on the road besides our own.

Last night I saw a parked one, bringing the grand total of parked HCH2's to two (excluding ours). Here's what's really odd: they've both been parked on our block.

This second one was magnetic pearl. We had put that as our first color choice, but now I'm glad we got the galaxy gray. Magnetic Pearl is a nice color, but it's dark.

Is anyone seeing them in quantity, or are they really that scarce?

Old 06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Spotting HCH2's

I have seen one HCH2 since I bought mine almost 2 months ago. I was actually in my other vehicle and got behind it.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had the same thoughts - aside from my car, I have not seen any other one. I do see 1 or 2 Prius' everyday, probably the same 2.

I also went with the Galaxy Gray to get the beige interior.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Our city is filled with Prius Taxis. It is simply amazing but the Taxi companies along with the municipal services are draining the Toyota and Honda Hybrid supplies. They barely stay on the new car lot for more than a day. If regular private buyers are too late then they are already spoken for.

On my side of the woods, I see several HC1's but I haven't seen a single HC2 yet (besides mine, of course). However, the dealerships claim they're flying off the lots. I guess it is the same thing all over North America?

Regards;

MS

Old 06-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
On my side of the woods, I see several HC1's but I haven't seen a single HC2 yet (besides mine, of course). However, the dealerships claim they're flying off the lots. I guess it is the same thing all over North America?
I've seen only 1 hybrid HCH-II on the street, more Prius (each day) than I can count (all with carpool sticker in that lane) and 2 natural gas civics (both white government vehicles).

I've yet to see magnetic pearl, so I'm going in to buy it today sight unseen.

I know the hybrids are selling like crazy, I had to wait 9 weeks, but the guy in line ahead of me had been waiting 14 weeks longer, just I came in at the right time and we're both being fulfilled at the same time. I can't imagine waiting 23 weeks, that's rediculous. They can be had instantly, though, just gotta pay a $6k markup in most places. Since I refuse to pay a penny more than MSRP, I guess that wait is justified.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've seen a handful of HCH-I's on Long Island; I've seen just one other HCH II and it was parked, Galaxy Gray (Mine is Mag. Pearl) and surprisingly, the owner had sprung for leather (custom order at the dealer or nearby I am sure); I almost left a note to find out where he had the work done as it is very tempting. The color was a neutral cream color that was very similar to the stock cloth interior color.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

For a while I enver saw them, however, on wednesday, on a trip from Orange County to San Diego and Back, I saw at least 4 HCH-IIs, countless Prii, and several Escape Hybrids. However, there was only one time where I saw 10 HCH-IIs at once though... they were all lodaed on top of a truck heading to a dealership!

Last edited by Double-Trinity; 06-16-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Energy Independence

I've only seen one HCH2, several HCH1, and many Prii.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I see lots of Prius around.. I only saw one other HCH2 about a month or so ago, a few weeks before I got mine. Lots of non Hybrid Civics.

I think there are two issues here..

-The Prius is easily recognizable
-The HCH2 looks like any other 06 Civic. Easy to miss.

In my office parking lot though - We have 3 Prius.. Silver, Red, Black.. and a Silver Insight. Added my Gx Gray HCH2 to the list.

Funny thing yesterday. A guy driving a high end Mercedes (very sporty) convertible yesterday purposefully zoomed up behind me and obviously was checking the car out. Then zoomed around me to check it out from the front. Of course.. he soon zoomed off.. bad MPG and all down the highway. Now if it was one of the new clean diesels... (it wasn't).

-G

Old 06-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Only seen one other HCH2 (Gal. Gray) here on the north end of Cow Town (aka Columbus, OH), on our beltway headed home from a workout.

Quick Reply: Spotting HCH2's

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands