Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cost?

Future, I live in SoCal too, and we got our car for about $700 BELOW invoice when all was said and done. If we got this deal, you can get it too. The dealerships tried to tell us they wouldn't do it. They did. They desperately need to move this car.

I'll send you a PM of the dealership I used.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marianne
Future, I live in SoCal too, and we got our car for about $700 BELOW invoice when all was said and done. If we got this deal, you can get it too. The dealerships tried to tell us they wouldn't do it. They did. They desperately need to move this car.

I'll send you a PM of the dealership I used.
Marianne, as has been stated on this forum, there are lots of base models with the convenience package on the lots that you can get a deal on. However, getting one with the tech package is really hard and it seems that they are asking MSRP+, although we got $500 below MSRP on ours Memorial Day weekend. (We asked for $1,000 off.)

Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, this is the trouble is finding the tech package in a color other than white or black.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm surprised the tech package is so hard to find. We didn't want it because both my husband and I are approaching 50... and we are part of the generation that doesn't know what Bluetooth is. I looked at the tech package and honestly couldn't get what 90% of it was even for. (I know - that isn't good as far as commenting about my staying "up" on technology.) The thing I was disappointed in was not being able to get a navigation system. We only had a choice... the basic model or the whole shebang.

Fortunately, we got a great portable GPS.

Unfortunately, my beagle puppy just ate it. (That's $600 down the drain.)

Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, unfortunately Marianne, it is, and as such, dealers are charging the premium for that model. And the reason I want it is not only for the Navi, but the fact that I can then subscribe to the XM Traffic service which then helps show me where the traffic is good and bad via instant satellite update (something which the Camry and Civic Hybrids do not offer with their Navi). That is why I am leaning that way and, as a result, having a problem finding the one I want in Socal. If I wasn't so addicted to it with my current car. That, and if my commute wasn't so dependent on the traffic conditions.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Futuregsh
but the fact that I can then subscribe to the XM Traffic service which then helps show me where the traffic is good and bad via instant satellite update
I never thought of that as important... UNTIL one of my best friends had her daughter go into premature labor. She and her husband were out of town when they got the emergency call, and they needed to get to the hospital ASAP. They were in Santa Barbara when they got the call, and they needed to get to San Diego.

My husband went on the computer and was on the phone with her husband. There was a website that gave all the traffic going through Los Angeles, and most importantly it showed where the traffic was at a dead stop because of a series of accidents. If they had taken the shortest route, they would have been stuck in traffic for an extra hour or two. By being able to find the unobstructed route - they flew through Los Angeles with no delays.

They got to the hospital in time to be with their daughter when their first granddaughter was born.

I'd love to have that in our car.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomscot2
Marianne, as has been stated on this forum, there are lots of base models with the convenience package on the lots that you can get a deal on. However, getting one with the tech package is really hard and it seems that they are asking MSRP+, although we got $500 below MSRP on ours Memorial Day weekend. (We asked for $1,000 off.)
Also both costco and AAA have car plans that will give you a car under MSRP.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

A good way to go is to find a fleet salesperson and not a retail salesperson. I've met some really cool fleet people that work for Nissan dealers here in SoCal (such as El Monte, Costa Mesa, and Irvine). You'll need to make an appointment to see them and they may not work 80 hours a week like retail, but it should be a much better deal as far as pricing and they usually are great at getting the vehicle you want either by trade or ordering.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Babar
Also both costco and AAA have car plans that will give you a car under MSRP.
You are better off looking at the Consumer Reports best price numbers. I used Costco to buy my Honda Pilot, and we found out afterwards it guided us strait to a lousy deal.