ipod integration with DICE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek
Default Re: ipod integration with DICE

Originally Posted by ntguru
I have talked with DICE who has confirmed text should work on their DICE Ipod kit in the TCH. They are sending me a replacement unit. Fortunately, I put the unit in the big storage compartment at the bottom of the center instrument stack so I won't have to take apart the car again to plug in the replacement.

IMPORTANT NOTE: According to tech, there is an "MP3 mode" which is NOT listed in the documentation and is how you get ipod text on the radio. Their tech said: "What xxxx meant was that MP3 mode is with the second car switch in the ON (down) postion. So basically, from left to right, the switches should be UP, DOWN, UP, UP (Off, On, Off, Off). Make sure to reconnect the DICE module after changing the switches. "

I tried this MP3 mode and, well, no dice. Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. I will report back once my replacement unit arrives.

With an 80GB ipod (about half full) I never listen to the radio or CDs and have no urge for XM. Wish the ipod have wifi so I could update it from the garage!
I also have a DICE and I installed it in the cubby hole as well. I had my dip switches set to MP3 mode and the text shows OK.
If I am on the screen that shows the 5 disc icons, I get two lines of text at the top of the screen even if the car is moving.
If I select the text button to display the full screen of text, it goes blank when I begin moving (thanks Toyota).

I did have two gripes about the text.
1. the text would not display until I hit another button like INFO or MAP then hit the AUDIO. The text displays

2. in playlist mode, the playlist name is not displayed, just "PLAYLIST"

I complained to DICE and they said the fix is coming soon. I'm curious to know if these issues are resolved with your replacement

Last edited by wilsons66604; 05-30-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

My replacement arrived today and I got text in CDC mode. Among other things this one came with a real manual that includes the 4 different modes. I tried MP3 mode briefly and got no text, although I didn't mess with it.

I have a non-NAV TCH so I get text regardless of the car's moving status.

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
I also have a DICE and I installed it in the cubby hole as well. I had my dip switches set to MP3 mode and the text shows OK.
If I am on the screen that shows the 5 disc icons, I get two lines of text at the top of the screen even if the car is moving.
If I select the text button to display the full screen of text, it goes blank when I begin moving (thanks Toyota).

I did have two gripes about the text.
1. the text would not display until I hit another button like INFO or MAP then hit the AUDIO. The text displays

2. in playlist mode, the playlist name is not displayed, just "PLAYLIST"

I complained to DICE and they said the fix is coming soon. I'm curious to know if these issues are resolved with your replacement

Old 08-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

In a 07 TCH without NAV and w/o any SATellite audio.... do i need to use all the cords and plugs it comes with? I have a 6 disc changer built in and i need text in all modes.... i'm thinking of putting the dips in either MP3 or SAT but i can't figure out the wiring.... can someone tell me which plugs will not be used? thanks

EDIT*******
nevermind.... just leave 2 plugs hanging... it works....

Last edited by noservice2001; 08-10-2007 at 08:32 PM.