Question about the Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about the Remote Starter

I think you made a mistake by passing up on that car, when the THC's get out on the road and people see them I think this can be a long waiting line for them. I got mine the other day, and all my friends think it is of beauty. If I were you I would grab that car of its available, but I guarantee you it's already sold! The big question when you buy the TCH is how much over book you have to pay??

Good luck!!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast

Your right as far as I'm concerned, I have been to about 10 agencies and they say that it's not available on the TCH. And the funny thing as I really want. Oh well, I got the car and I love it!! My friends and neighbors think it is a beautiful car!! My wife is having trouble believing that we got, she keeps looking out the front window to make sure that is still there.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast

I'm comfortable waiting for a TCH that doesn't have extra options that I don't want on it. I've actually had a few dealers call and offer me cars today that I've turned down. I'm not willing to pay $3000 over MSRP or pay for options that I don't need that have been added on by the dealer. I'm working with a few others that have sent me written quotes for the car and I'm willing to wait until they get the car that I want. Until that time, I'm filling space on their waiting lists. The most consistent message I get is that it will be 2 months on the waiting list before I'm able to get the car. I can hold out that long.

It is interesting that you are hearing you can't get remote starters on the same vehicle that I was told had it.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

I just spoke with my local dealer and he showed 3 cars at port, two of which had the remote starter, heated mirrors, and floor mats - no other options. Hope that helps. This thread has persuaded me to order the remote. In my dreams I wish I could just order the remote starter and the NAV.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Let's just get it straight that some options are directly installed at the Toyota plant and the dealer will not be aware of any of the options on the car they are getting until they receive their vehicle inquiry reports. I recommend to ask for this report on the car you want, the dealer should have this report if the car is still on stock.
That's why some dealers have different options on the stock they get and the sales people will try to sway you from getting that car by telling you that it is a mandatory option.

The options that are usually installed by the dealer are like:

Finish wax (coat protector) for $1500
Wood Grain for $2000
Geo Tracker GPS for $3000

I saw these options on the car I test drove and I just laughed at the sales rep trying to sell me this crap. Usually the stupid, nonsensical items that has a 1000-2000% mark up would be installed by the dealer.

The remote starter at $595 is installed directly by Toyota Motor Inc's factory plant.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nabookie
The options that are usually installed by the dealer are like:

Finish wax (coat protector) for $1500
Wood Grain for $2000
Geo Tracker GPS for $3000

I saw these options on the car I test drove and I just laughed at the sales rep trying to sell me this crap. Usually the stupid, nonsensical items that has a 1000-2000% mark up would be installed by the dealer.

The remote starter at $595 is installed directly by Toyota Motor Inc's factory plant.
I'll gladly wax anybody's TCH for $1500! Just tell me when and where

Old 06-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
I'll gladly wax anybody's TCH for $1500! Just tell me when and where
I know huh!

And let me buy $100 worth of wood grain sticker and install it for you for $2000 because the car I saw that had this wood grain felt generic.