TCH w/leather and heated seats but no other options available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default TCH w/leather and heated seats but no other options available?

I'm planning on getting a TCH this week. Went around to dealers and they all have only the standard or the fully loaded one with leather, moon-roof, and NAV system already installed. I'm really hoping to get just leather seats and heating front seats capability, but I'm not interested in getting all the other stuff. Is it possible to just get the options I want? Seems like all the dealers are saying that they just get the two styles direct from the factory, and I can't special order mine. Are they just being pushy rather than help me? [img]images/smilies/emotikons/sad.gif[/img]

PS: does anyone know a good dealership in Southern California? I'm getting offered a bottom line of $29,400 after tax and licensing.

Thanks

Last edited by mabelle012; 09-05-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH w/leather and heated seats but no other options available?

Typically right now you get what's on the lot or you'll be waiting for months...or you need to search beyond Souther CA. There are very few or only 1 or 2 sitting on a lot in CO. I ended up getting my in Nevada and driving it back - but worth it with the Tax Credit dropping in October. Also expect to pay the sticker price (MSRP) plus doc fee's.....

Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by mabelle012
...Is it possible to just get the options I want?.
If you are willing to wait, yes. It's called a "Factory Build to Order" or sometimes referred to as an "Out of Box" order. The end result is the same. The options you want. The downside it's a 90 to 120 day wait. Pretty much puts you into the 50% tax credit category which is a $1300 ding to you.
J

Old 09-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast

I got a TCH off the lot in Temecula, CA with factory leather, no nav, but no heated seats. It was not a special order. I suspect there a very few made with leather but no nav. It was the first I had seen equipped this way so I jumped on the chance to get it....

Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBlue
I got a TCH off the lot in Temecula, CA with factory leather, no nav, but no heated seats. It was not a special order. I suspect there a very few made with leather but no nav. It was the first I had seen equipped this way so I jumped on the chance to get it....
Factory leather? Is the passenger seat powered? If not it's PIO (installed stateside) leather and not factory.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The factory cannot pump out TCH cars faster than the public can buy them. Therefore, the only TCH's being built right now are the ones that would sell the best. That is either a case car, or a fully-loaded car. As perviously mentioned, you can always order a TCH built your way, but that goes on the end of the current build list, which means a 120-day wait (at least). You are guaranteed to miss the Sept 30 tax credit deadline, so you will miss out on $1300. Heck, that's like getting the moonroof and half of the NAV for free. So you are talking about being out-of-pocket just a few more hundred dollars, not a few thousand.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
guaranteed to miss the Sept 30 tax credit deadline, so you will miss out on $1300. Heck, that's like getting the moonroof and half of the NAV for free. So you are talking about being out-of-pocket just a few more hundred dollars, not a few thousand.
Yes, in most cases, this is true. But not everyone is eligible for this credit. Depends alot on personal tax situation. AMT factors in, and some may not have enough taxable income to benefit from the credit. (ie: Federal tax obligation lower than the available tax credit)

Certainly good advice for someone who is able to claimthe whole credit, the NAV for free is a very nice incentive to act quickly.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Factory leather? Is the passenger seat powered? If not it's PIO (installed stateside) leather and not factory.
Yes, it is factory leather. The passenger seat is powered. I also forgot to mention it had the sunroof package as well.