Just Traded My Prius In

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Just Traded My Prius In

Originally Posted by jjryan
. . .bob are you going to try and secure my old prius?
I already sent them e-mail. But then I saw they were asking $21 k for a 2003 Prius. I suspect they will have it priced outside of my comfort range (and what I'm seeing on Ebay.)

Bob Wilson

Old 05-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoebeisis
A Prius is definitely an older Geeks car; not a chick magnet.
Hey
I dont look old do i?

i'm only 27, I love my prius. And yes i do agree it's definately not a chick magnet, because this car is not my fiance's first choice of what she wants to ride in when we go to parties, and other gatherings.

But then again, i still do have my Bimmer. I just bought new brakes and tires for it a couple of weeks ago, and i do plan to wear them bald by the end of this summer

Last edited by CamelFilters; 05-11-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Let me know how much they end up selling it for. I'm interested to know.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamelFilters
But then again, i still do have my Bimmer. I just bought new brakes and tires for it a couple of weeks ago, and i do plan to wear them bald by the end of this summer

camelfilters - hey, just curious. do you drive your bimmer like your drive your prius? just wondering if your mpg for the bimmer would be higher if you drove it more like the prius.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
camelfilters - hey, just curious. do you drive your bimmer like your drive your prius? just wondering if your mpg for the bimmer would be higher if you drove it more like the prius.
I have always driven my bimmer harder than i normally would any other car, except during winter time. Also, the prius and the bimmer are totally two different cars, for me, the bimmer is more fun to drive when driven hard and the prius is more fun to drive when i drive lightly. I never consider mileage when driving my bimmer, that is why i'm only getting 20mpg . although i have read in some bmw message forums that some people can get an avg of 25MPG if they drive lightly, but dont quote me on that. I have tried to drive lightly a few times and i was only able to achieve 10.8L/100KM city which is about 22MPG city and i achieved close to 700km(438mi) in one tank in the highway with 53L(14gal) when i filled up, that is 31MPG highway.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I already sent them e-mail. But then I saw they were asking $21 k for a 2003 Prius. I suspect they will have it priced outside of my comfort range (and what I'm seeing on Ebay.)

Bob Wilson
Bob,

My sales guy texted me a few minutes ago apparently saying the car is still up here. Call him 479-283-3758 ... that's his cell. he said he could get you the car. let me know how much they want for it.