Civic hybrid 06 driving technic summary thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Re: Civic hybrid 06 driving technic summary thread

^wrong. i got 5 bars of ev assist w/fe gauge pegged at 100mpg driving on a down grade one day. others here have done it too.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06hch2
^wrong. i got 5 bars of ev assist w/fe gauge pegged at 100mpg driving on a down grade one day. others here have done it too.
I can accept that -- how long did you have 5 for? And have you ever seen it on the level? And are you sure 5 wasn't a transient back to none as the ICE kicked back in? Not challenging, just curious.

Point remains the same anyway -- the diff between 4 and 5 is miniscule as they're still both half-assist, which is the main thing to understand.

--doug

Old 06-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have yet to hold my EV glide at 5 bars. It always transitions to ICE after 4.

Good work 06hch2.

On a side note I tend to agree with Doug... 2-3 bars is more than sufficient and significantly less draining on the charge to continue your coast without losing momentum too quickly.

The EV glide is gold (well you could take your gas savings and purchase gold) and can, when used smartly, reduce MPG. With the most recent round of discussions I am again, top of mind, trying to play with mileage and noticing SIGNIFICANT decreases keeping the RPM on acceleration below 2K and utilizing glides again. Averaging 4.7 on my most recent tank. When not focused on mileage I have averaged 5.8.

A little focus is saving almost 7 liters of gas per fill. That savings provides me my free daily coffer at TH's. Annually that is $324.00 per year.

I truly do love the HCH and you can really appreciate the payoffs with the Hypermilers. They can enjoy 2 cups of coffe per work day for their efforts .

Cheers!!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

I agree. I get 4-5 bars of ev assist every day in my residencial street when returning from my commute. This typically enables me to travel the entire street distance until I reach my driveway - especially- when I get home with a good SoC. So ,it is doable and pretty beneficial when used wisely.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

I personally haven't managed 5 bars of ev-assist, but others have done it, and one (JordanCS, I think) even snapped a photo to prove it. Might just be a slight difference in the electronic component tolerances that allow some people to nick the fifth bar, while others will never get it no matter how hard they try.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Energy Independence

4 is the max for me. Downhill, I think I can get 5, but aren't we essentially coasting then? If so, what's the point of coasting with assist (using IMA battery power)?