Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

You had a basslink in the trunk of an HCH and it sounded fine?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

No, I had it in a Honda Accord and a 2001 Honda Civic...they were more than adequate. But, I don't want to use that since it will take up the precious trunk space that is already small to begin with.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 PM

well, i installed the front speakers in the car last night. it wasn't too hard. it took about an hour total. i didn't have to drill new mounting holes either. so, that was nice. but, it still needs a subwoofer. i had an si sedan and it had the subwoofer built into the rear deck. i wish the hybrid had that. it isn't even an option and the bass kit is a joke. i had that on my 2006 hch ii. i looked under the front seats and there isn't enough room for a subwoofer to fit. i am going to have to break down and sacrifice some trunk space for a sub. i am going to try to find something with a small foot print. i will keep you guys updated on my journey.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast

Folks,

I wanted to add my two cents to this thread -- since I did some speaker work on the ride.

I have the combined NAV setup with XM in my 2007.

I ordered Alpine speakers from Chrutchfield with their kits -- 6.5 fit up front and 5.5 fit in the rear -- they were $99 for the front and $89 for the rear, and the best reviewed ones at Cruthfield. Note that stock speakers are the same front and rear (6.5 inch crappy speakers). I am not sure if 6.5 would fit in the rear -- crutchfield said they wouldn't.

The front ones are easy to install, but you need to pry the front door inside panels off and should use a specific tool for this, or a wedge with some rubber so you don't scratch the door frames.

The Alpine speakers with the provided Alpine "frames" will fit without drilling any new holes in the front if you spend the time to try and align the various holes in the kits using their nuts and bolts. The Cruthfield provided cables will work fine.

The trebble with these front speaks will make the system sound much better, and the bass is more clear -- worth the $99.

I spent a couple of days with the fronts installed and then installed the Alpine rear speakers tonight. The rears are easier to install, but it is not worth it. The Apline 5.5 inch replacements are smaller and have less bass and efficiency. I ended up taking them out and putting the stock ones back in because the stock speakers are larger and have better bass. I am going to return the Alpine rear speakers.

I think the next upgrade would be the Honda bass kit or a subwoofer -- but I am not sure if it is worth the $200-$300.

If you want a cheap upgrade, my advice would be to just replace the fronts -- it's about $100 and well worth it

Dobe

Old 09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Energy Independence

Thanks for updating us, Doberwiler.

I'm still stock, but thinking about upgrading front and rears, like you tried.

I KNOW that if you go with very expensive (think MB Quart) speakers, 5 1/4's can sound really good. I've got 6 1/2's (separate tweeter) in the doors of my Benz (along with twin 10" subs in the rear - but never mind them), and those 6 1/2 MB Quart's sound really sweet.

Exbauer installed some 5 1/4 speaker in the rear (earlier post in this thread), and claims much better sound. Yo, EX what speakers did YOU use? And did you ever get the front ones done?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

6.5 won't fit in the rear? i thought that's what size the factory rear speakers were. best buy and circuit city's websites both say 6.5 is a go...

Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast

I upgraded my audio system using the factory head unit, it is the nav with XM.

JL AUDIO 500/5 amp

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1, 6 1/2 components for the front

Infinity REF6012I 6 1/2 coaxials, for rear fill

Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" DVQ sub ins a sealed enclosure.

I am really happy with the sound quality and it makes driving that much more pleasurable.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Have you tried the Honda OEM Bass Kit? It is about 300.00 and replaces your two back speaker with a amped 8" x 2 woofer system.

I have been toying with the idea of getting it. I have not heard of anyone having it installed.

Your resale value should not go down if you install a third party audio system. You can chalk it up as a premium audio system in KBB.com.

If you are looking to totally upgrade, think about a total Alpine solution (since Honda uses Alpine already). You can then have BT handsfree in the car and iPod integration!!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

anybody replace the tweeters yet in the dashboard? i can barely tell mine are ther in my 07 compared to the they sounded in my 05 accord.

i was considering jbl components for the front in my car.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iridium130m
anybody replace the tweeters yet in the dashboard?
I used the stock placement for the tweeters on my front components. I have never had a system with the tweeters and mids such a distance apart but the sound quality and staging is very nice.

Quick Reply: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands