Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Do you guys have the Dice silverline on your Camry or Prius? Are you able to see a list of playlists and a lists of artists?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I have the silverline in my Camry. You do not see a list of artists or playlists, but you do see the names individually as you scroll through them.

FYI, I have not been able to fix the problem I describe in my post above and have been working with Dice customer support for a month trying to resolve the issue (including a call to them in which they asked a couple of questions and then said they'd call back in an hour with an answer. Ya, never happened).
It will be a week tomorrow since they finally offered (and I agreed to) a swapout and they still haven't told me how to actually make it happen.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

Our Toyota/Lexus kit has been out for quite some time now and it is one of our top selling kits. It will work with the navigation screens or just a standard radio. If you have the factory SAT option it will not interfer with the operations of that. You can run our kit in the CDC mode and it will work great. OUr kit will display the text information on the radio display for you. Our kit also gives you the control from the radio to be able to brows through your playlist artiest, and albums from the radio. From the steering wheel controls you will be able to change the tracks up and down. Our kit retails for $159.99. For the Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

I just took delivery of an awesome 09 Toyota Camry Hybrid, and i have an original iphone with 2.1 firmware. The car has SAT, NAV, and I got the ipod integration kit installed. Bluetooth seems to work super and SAT works good too, but the ipod bit is... not as as good as I had hoped. Especially for the three some-odd hundred dollars we paid for it.

When I plug the iphone into the jack in the glovebox it immediately starts playing music, and it pops up the CD2 interface. I am uncertain of what playlist it is playing as I dont see a "folders" button on the cd screen, and I checked the playlists I have--one of the songs it played was not on any of those playlists! In reading the little 8 page manual that came with it, it says its compatible with 1.4. firmware. Did they really not think this through to future firmware upgrades? Especially with the rate at which apple does firmware upgrades?

Is there some way I can upgrade this or something to get the ability to use the folders functionality? Anyone else having this issue?

Other than that, this car is sahweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grfxgrl
I just took delivery of an awesome 09 Toyota Camry Hybrid, and i have an original iphone with 2.1 firmware. The car has SAT, NAV, and I got the ipod integration kit installed. Bluetooth seems to work super and SAT works good too, but the ipod bit is... not as as good as I had hoped. Especially for the three some-odd hundred dollars we paid for it.

When I plug the iphone into the jack in the glovebox it immediately starts playing music, and it pops up the CD2 interface. I am uncertain of what playlist it is playing as I dont see a "folders" button on the cd screen, and I checked the playlists I have--one of the songs it played was not on any of those playlists! In reading the little 8 page manual that came with it, it says its compatible with 1.4. firmware. Did they really not think this through to future firmware upgrades? Especially with the rate at which apple does firmware upgrades?

Is there some way I can upgrade this or something to get the ability to use the folders functionality? Anyone else having this issue?

Other than that, this car is sahweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!
Are you plugging the iPod into a headphone jack in the glovebox or is it a cable that plugs into the dock plug of the iPod?

No quite sure what you have installed in your car. On the display of your iPod what does it say when you have it plugged in?

With our kit it will plug into the dock plug of the iPod and give the full controls of the iPod to the radio. It will display the text info on the display as well for you. You will be able to brows through all of your playlist, artiest and albums right from the radio.

I hope that this answeres your questions if not let me know.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Travis@DICE
Are you plugging the iPod into a headphone jack in the glovebox or is it a cable that plugs into the dock plug of the iPod?

No quite sure what you have installed in your car. On the display of your iPod what does it say when you have it plugged in?

With our kit it will plug into the dock plug of the iPod and give the full controls of the iPod to the radio. It will display the text info on the display as well for you. You will be able to brows through all of your playlist, artiest and albums right from the radio.

I hope that this answeres your questions if not let me know.
It is a cable in the glovebox that plugs into the dock plug of my iPhone.

When I first plug it in it says that the device is not made for the iPhone, do I want to put it in airport mode. I click no.

No song title/artist info is displayed. all i see is the cd interface. I can flip through songs on whatever its decided to play, but I have no idea what it is. I cant "flip through" anything. The manual says a folder button is supposed to show up on the screen for the CD interface, yet I see nothing.

If this cant be fixed, I'm going to have it removed from the car. At this point, its no better than an AUX cable, and Im pretty sure those are less than $300.

I dont know the model# of what is in my car. All the front of the manual says is "Digital Audio Interface with Song Title Display"

It says its compatible with iPhone 1.1.4. I can guarantee you no iPhone still has that version of the firmware. Did they really make this compatible with that particular version and no future ones? If so, this piece of hardware is worthless.

On the inside cover of the manual under Compatibility it says "Future firmware updates to your iPod may affect the features and functions described in this owner's manual.

Wish I knew that before I bought it.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grfxgrl
It is a cable in the glovebox that plugs into the dock plug of my iPhone.

When I first plug it in it says that the device is not made for the iPhone, do I want to put it in airport mode. I click no.

No song title/artist info is displayed. all i see is the cd interface. I can flip through songs on whatever its decided to play, but I have no idea what it is. I cant "flip through" anything. The manual says a folder button is supposed to show up on the screen for the CD interface, yet I see nothing.

If this cant be fixed, I'm going to have it removed from the car. At this point, its no better than an AUX cable, and Im pretty sure those are less than $300.

I dont know the model# of what is in my car. All the front of the manual says is "Digital Audio Interface with Song Title Display"

It says its compatible with iPhone 1.1.4. I can guarantee you no iPhone still has that version of the firmware. Did they really make this compatible with that particular version and no future ones? If so, this piece of hardware is worthless.

On the inside cover of the manual under Compatibility it says "Future firmware updates to your iPod may affect the features and functions described in this owner's manual.

Wish I knew that before I bought it.

Not sure what you have in their, but our kit works fine with Toyotas and the iPhone. The only thing it doesn't do is charge the 3G and newer. You will be able to run our kit in SAT mode if you have the SAT option and are not useing it. If you are using the facory SAT you can use our kit in CDC mode and you will still have the text display.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

I have one of these installed by the dealer in a new 2009 TCH. I'm suspecting that it's causing the stock JBL stereo/non-nav to lock up (stop playing music and all controls become non-functional) until the car is restarted.

I've had my dealer replace the JBL stereo and the same problem is occurring with the new stereo. Now I think it's time to have them replace this iPod adapter. And if that fails, I'll have to try a 3rd party adapter. I've never had problems with adapters before.

As for it's functionality, all steering wheel controls are active, you can still have XM SAT along with this unit, and you can assign five playlists to the six buttons on the cd changer, by having specifically named playlist names on the iPod. The sixth button is hard wired to all songs. You can't use the iPod controls while it's connected though. Music stops when an incoming bluetooth phone call comes in, or goes out.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast

Was it the Toyota Digital Audio Interface kit that you installed? I just recently had mine installed and I don't think it was installed properly. I do not see the CD Changer screen when playing the ipod. These are the options I see when hitting the mode button: AM, FM1, FM2, CD Changer, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, AUX. The Xm Radio and the iPod play under the SAT screens. The XM Radio doesn't play very well either. I thought it may be the way it was installed.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmmmm....

I thought the Toyota iPod interface emulated a satellite interface, not a CD changer? Mine certainly does, though now I'm trying to remember if I have the Toyota ipod interface or an aftermarket. I know I have the Toyota sat interface.

Thanks!

Dang